Friday, February 26, 2010

I refuse to call this post "food for thought."

Hello class. This is not my official blog entry, just a couple of things I came across today about food I thought I might share.

So, this first video is just frightening. Think back: do you think when you were in first grade you'd be able to identify basic vegetables? I would really like to think so.



I find the title of this article somewhat laughable. The thing about nutrition science is that it's very mysterious. Scientists to this day have only a foggy understanding of how food interacts with the body. Further, we know that food reacts with every individual differently on a genetic level. Finally, this article simply makes no sense to me in parts. They say that soy is in everything we eat, and then they talk about people getting very little soy in their diet. Also, they don't say anything about the effect soy has on raising estrogen levels (the implication being that women already high in estrogen might want to stay away from soy.) Anyway, it's an interesting article, but just keep in mind, just because it's in print doesn't make it the final word.

Finally, here's the reading I want you to do for Monday. Remember we'll be doing an in-class write on this so don't blow it off. I think you'll like it. It's f-u-n.


No comments:

Post a Comment