Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring break 2010!

Spring break really makes sloths of us all! I've just spent some time reading your latest blog posts, and let me just say generally that they are excellent and I am pleased with the high volume of participation. I should yell at you more often.

So I told you I'd write and give you some things to think about, but I'm not so sure if I, even I am capable of thinking about anything on this break. Still.

1. Think about what you want to write your op-eds on. We're going to need to get started on them right away on Monday so no time for lollygagging.
2. Like I mentioned in class, if you'd like to write a bonus blog post over break, that would rock. I think I'll probably be sharing some experiences I've had so far later in the week. This is a chance to just sort of have fun and write for the sake of writing. Writing is fun. It lets us know how we think and feel about things and it gives us a chance to share hilarious stories and to be understood by our friends and peers. No real requirements here, just write something fun and engaging and true to you. Please have those up by Sunday night (or Monday BEFORE class. There it is in print, no ambiguity.)
3. I feel like a list should have at least 3 items on it.

Still having a blast grading your research papers! Only have a few done but I have to say, I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far. This is that horrible time in the semester when I fall disgustingly in love with all of you, like you're a basket of puppies. I don't know if this happens to all teachers or if this is a unique to Molly problem. Anyway, thanks a lot for that. Geez.

1 comment: