Monday, March 22, 2010

Three Op-Eds I read in minutes flat.


This article basically says that University teachers aren't just free to but actually should voice their opinions on controversial topics. The article elucidates a basic debate in education: should teachers attempt to be unbiased, or is that both impossible and imprudent? You can guess where I stand: I can't help but tell you what I think. Do teachers have a responsibility to share their opinions, though? I don't know.

This is heavy on random opinion spouting and light on researched facts, but I found the writing to be delightful and the argument convincing. I'm against any form of culturally sanctioned, scheduled drinking. I think drinking and hanging out and having fun should be undertaken with reverence and a free will. What are your plans this spring break?

Today is apparently "world water day" and so I present to you this informative and stimulating article on the destructive force that is the bottled water industry. Basically the author states that bottled water costs too much money, the plastic is toxic, and it's not safer or cleaner than most tap water anyway. Do you remember the water bottle rule I wrote into the syllabus at the beginning of the semester? This article reinforces my beliefs!


No comments:

Post a Comment